Thursday, February 17, 2011

IU's wonder

So.. This post will be about KPop again.. Haha..
This time I will write about IU. Fellow friends who also like KPop should have known that I'm kinda a fan of this amazingly talented girl.

But her recent songs definitely make me go gaga over her. I mean seriously, they're very different from her usual cheery bubbly happy songs. They're more of dark-themed, amature songs which give you mysterious feeling. And I LOVE THEM.

Cruel Fairy Tale


Honestly, I don't even think that I will hear this kind of song in KPop realm. As much as I love KPop, I realize that they usually revolve around up-beat genre especially for dance, or the sweet ballad tune. So when I first heard this one, I was very surprised. I am always a fan of this sort of song, but usually I hear them from anime Original Sound Track (OST). But I don't watch anime anymore recently, so I really really miss to hear a different kind of song like this one.. So go IU!! >w<

The lyrics are nice too!

Songwriter Kim Eana teased on her Twitter, “In the lyrics, there are five hidden fairy tales!”

Once she was bombarded with questions on what those five were, she replied, “Rapunzel, Hansel and Gretel, Cinderella, and the Little Mermaid. All of you, please have fun guessing the remaining one.”

She hinted, “‘By stepping on the tears I shed one by one’ means ‘Please come to find me, as I’ve left prints of my tears around.’ This is referring to Hansel and Gretel, when they leave bread crumbs to find their way back.”

The rest were up for the netizens to find, and some have speculated that the lyric, “And when the clock rings 12, I’ll awake from my dreams. Amidst the blessings of others, we will be dancing together“, to be in reference to Cinderella.


Complete lyrics:
When this night passes
You will come to wake me
By stepping on the tears I shed one by one

When that door opens
The light will reach me
And forever after
I will live happily

When the clock rings 12
I’ll awake from my dreams
And amidst the blessings of others
We will be dancing together

I breathe (You will never know)
I am alive (Everyone fails to love)
I can believe in at least that truth

Nothing lasts forever, nothing really matters

Maybe because the road that leads to me is perilous
You are lost
But one day, I will be smiling
as I fall asleep in your arms

I cannot go (I will never know)
In case you cannot find me (Everyone tells me so)
In case this wait bursts like a bubble


Second song: The Story Only I Didn't Know


Well, in this song I can't say anything more than IU played such a great emotion in it. And the result are no less than amazing..

In the end.. IU *four thumbs up* <3

3 comments:

  1. IU (y) lu uda pernah denger lagu dia yang Missing Child?
    aah dia memang OK..berani menentang arus stereotype KPop pada umumnya :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. IU mmg top ya (Y)

    Iya.. sptnya pernah, tp lupa yg spt apa. IU <3

    ReplyDelete