The idea of Live In doesn't suit me that well.
Not that I opposed it strongly.
Passive reaction was more suitable I guess.
I counted days at first, how long until I can get back to Jakarta.
I freaked out the first time I looked at the bathroom I was going to use for the next 5 days, which was very simple and, well, a little dirty, especially with a lot of spiders' web above the entrance.
And trust me I HATE bugs, mainly spiders.
I had to eat in dim lights at nights as the main lamp in the kitchen was broken.
What got me interested so much is that they still cook using the "tungku".
I think the only modern electronic appliances they had is a small TV
I realized I got a house which is still very modest, plain and simple.
I wished for at least a better bathroom like my friends around that region got.
And time felt like going in super slow motion.
But eventually I got used to it.
Okay, I got too used to it...
that I totally fell in love with everything there...
No words can describe how awesome those 5 days were.
That if I have a choice to relive with again I will take it without no doubt.
Especially with the region I got which situated in the middle of the mountain I was in.
Not too high, nor too low.
Everything was still green and natural.
I like the pure nature a lot.
I was mesmerized at the time where I could walk on a small path in a REAL woods in the morning, where there are still a lot of tall trees at the side of the path.
Where the air was still very fresh.
I could feel the water flow between my feet when I dipped them in the small waterfall.
We found a lot of new plants we had never seen before.
These happened when I was going to Suroloyo, the peak of the hill.
Adventurous, really.
I went to the border between Jawa Tengah and Yogyakarta.
I instantly remembered "A Walk to Remember" where you step in between the border and realize that you're being at two places at the same tike.
I even saw Merapi mountain, and trust me it was breathtaking.
But the peak of the adventure that day is when I climbed 285 stairs and got to see Candi Borobudur from a far after I reached the top.
We practically "menaiki gunung, menuruni lembah, membelah hutan, dan menyebrangi air terjun".
Someone said we walked over 8 km far.
We didn't count as even our legs felt like they needed to be cut off, we knew it was worth so much.
We picked kapulaga fruit in the dense forest.
I found 20 cm long earthworm. (with me screamed like crazy when Sari "Jombang" tried to pick it up)
We worked at the field.
Thank God is the harvesting season, not the planting, so I didn't need to enter the mud with bare foot.
We ate together in a small public house.
With Rp. 5000,00 I got a bowl of Soto Ayam full of chicken, a glass of water, and a big glass of orange juice.
Damn, I even told the ma'am to move to Jalan Pos, Jakarta.
We walked in line through the rice field.
It was breathtaking.
Until the last day where we actually prepared to cook for the small party of parting together.
Ah, it was so much fun... like honestly...
Another ecstasy there, almost all of the Sanur students in my region were so solid, no matter what status they are.
One more reason why I felt so fortunate to get that region.
We spent a lot of time together: going to places, exploring things, laughing, playing KASTI with the local kids there, watching TV after the rosario, taking photos, preparing to cook, or just to hang out and talking at the "bale bambu" in front of my house... and so so many other fun things.
Hey, we even climbed a mountain and walking through the mud in the fields together.
I don't know whether it is the "warm solid atmosphere" effect of the village or something else that makes all of us can interact so easy like we're close friends.
But I remembered what La** said.
"Sadar ga sih kalian, di Jakarta kita ga pernah ngumpul2 kayak gini buat sekedar nonton TV atau kegiatan2 kecil lain kayak di sini..."
Oh yeah, the intern closeness between us itself is something I'm going to miss a lot.
Anyway, I watched Go Go Girls here for the first time. XD
There's no worry... like, at all.
Life in there was so simple.
Minimal electronics and gadgets.
No haptic and busy schedules in school days.
Samigaluh Ngalian Gunug A/Lingkungan St. Yusuf, I'm gonna miss you with all my heart.
Bapak Hardjwarsito and Ibu Sarinem, thanks for taking care of me.
Sorry for being a burden.
The good memories is indeed going to stay in my heart.
:)




(I've already written and saved this draft since last week from my Xperia, but I haven't had the time to complete publish it. So now, I finally have a decent time to use the laptop, so I decided to publish it now, even though it's already a little too late. Bear with me. :D )
No comments:
Post a Comment