Saturday, August 11, 2012

New Life in Singapore

Hey, everyone!

I've just realized that I haven't updated my blog since I'm in Singapore.
So yeah, I can't really update much about my life here even though there are so many things I want to tell you, because I must do the laundry in a moment, hahaha.

Yesterday marked my fourth week here in Singapore.
A lot have happened. Like reaaaallllyyy a lot.
Gw merasa seperti gw udah tinggal di sini lamaaaa bgt, but in a positive way.
I met a lot of new friends and seniors here, some instantly become very close to me.
I even found a new "brother" here LOL, namely EP
Basically, I feel happy here and very much alive.
Everything here has been pleasant so far.
Of course, we haven't start the term yet, Monday will be my official first day at University.
My seniors said that you won't have enough sleep once the term starts LOL
But at least, I have a good start. :)

My view of the students here has changed very dramatically.
Indonesian students, mind you. Because the Ch*****s are pretty much the same, very "kiasu" XD
To tell you the truth, I was prepared to enter a very competitive environment and studious people here, because of the "image" of NUS in general.
But what I found here is 180 degrees different.
Of course, there are some students who are very geeky and CAP-minded, but the majority are very crazy, wild, fun, and soooo friendly.
Seniors here are like the nicest seniors ever. They can even be your best friends.
We are very solid here, we help each other, and we are very active in a lot of fields.
Dan suka main kartu dan game online di lounge bersama-sama sampe jam 4 pagi
Somehow, the environment here suits me a lot.
And I can't help but feel glad that I am here, a part of this awesome community. :D

So okay, to close this one I want to say something...
Even if I found new friends and activities here, but I'll never forget you guys.
I miss you all like seriously!
Sorry if I can't talk much in Whatsapp now, because usually I'm with other people, and it's kinda rude to hold your handphone all the time, you know what I mean.
And of course, wherever you are, I hope you have a wonderful time too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Levina!
    My name is Marta Rubió. I like the way your blog looks like and I wanted to propose you something. I am with the Web Research department at InterNations.org (the biggest online social network designed for expatriates worldwide)
    I'm writing to inquire on the prospect of publishing an article on your blog. We focus on expats moving to or travelling in Singapore. I took a look at your articles and I noticed you write about different stuff and in a friendly way and I think you could give a nice approach to our content. We are looking into placing editorial content into your site (including 1 or 2 links to our guide section), is this something you might be interested in? We could also help promoting your site on our platform’s listing of services offered for our expats.
    According to the fact that I took some of my time to write you this PERSONAL message instead of copy-pasting a template as it is the case for many companies, I would really appreciate if you send me your answer, even though it is a negative one!Thank you!! :)



    InterNations is the biggest online social network designed for expatriates worldwide. Our mission is to support expatriates with the integration into their new communities. Our members can connect via our activity and discussion groups as well as forums. The interaction is not limited to the Internet: we also encourage our members to meet up at our InterNations Events, which are held in nearly all our Local Communities around the world.

    ReplyDelete